Lightroom is software that allows you to organize, cull and edit your photos in a simple and easy way. Also, it allows you to have many powerful tools within clicking distance of your mouse. With the help of this lightroom tutorial for beginners, you’ll be able to start working with your photos.
Lightroom is a powerful tool for managing and enhancing your images. It is easy to use, simple to navigate and especially reasonably priced. Also, it is rapidly becoming the best choice for photographers like me who love taking and shooting photographs and who don’t necessarily need the depth and processing power of Photoshop.
Here I will give you quick lightroom tutorial for beginners from importing your image to experimenting with presets and making a few essential edits.
- Open your Lightroom and select “Library” from the list of modules at the top right of the interface. Then, click the import button and use the collapsible folders in the source panel to navigate to your file. Choose the image you want to import and then hit the “Import” button.
- Highlight the image thumbnail, and go to the “Keyword Panel”. Just click the text box then name it whatever you want so that if you need to find the file any time, you can find quicker.
- Click the “Develop Module” then go to the presets panel. In the presets panel you can experiment the colour presets. Go to the Lightroom effects presets and select “Light grain”.
- Grab the Crop Overlay tool, Next drag the crop overlay to crop the top and bottom of the frame, transforming it from a vertical to a horizontal image. Then double-click to see the results of the crop.
- In the “Basic Sliders” you can set the Temp, Tint, Highlight, Clarity, Vibrance and Saturation. Also, you can grab the Graduated Filter and Gradient from the right to the center.
- Grab “Adjustment Brush” tool. Then you can click on the skin to set a pin. Set brush size and paint over the hotspots on the face to soften the skin.
Explore the Lightroom now and take a tour the usage of Lightroom. Hopefully, this lightroom tutorial for beginners can help you.
Enjoy using Lightroom!